Cheryl Rumage Estes is a shareholder in the Memphis office. She focuses her practice in employment law. She represents employers in all aspects of employment matters. She regularly counsels employers regarding discrimination claims, compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act, age discrimination claims, and general employment law. She has represented employers in both state and federal court in litigation brought by individuals, as well as successfully defended cases brought by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
She has represented school boards, educators and administrators in a variety of legal matters; including employee and student rights, special education, disability accommodations, civil rights matters, tort liability, and individual teacher liability issues. Additionally, she has worked extensively in representing various superintendents and boards in prosecuting tenured teacher dismissal hearings. Mrs. Estes has served as a hearing officer in dismissal cases. She also has represented universities and insurers of educators.
- Memphis and Shelby County Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Federalist Society
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America©, Employment Law – Management
- Managing Editor, University of Memphis Law Review
- Past Member, Junior League of Memphis
- Past Member, Board of Directors for Playhouse on the Square