Christen Blackburn is an experienced litigator in the Nashville office where she represents Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, professionals, and governmental entities in a variety of litigated matters. Christen regularly handles tort litigation involving transportation, products liability, medical malpractice, and professional liability. She also dedicates a significant portion of her practice to employment litigation and workers’ compensation, defending employers against allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. Christen also advises insurance carriers on areas of insurance coverage and bad faith litigation.
Christen has handled litigation in all stages from responding to initial complaints through trial before judges, juries, and administrative bodies and the American Arbitration Association. Having tried matters in courts across the state, Christen knows what it takes to effectively handle cases from start to finish to achieve results consistent with the client’s goals.
- ALFA International
- Lawyers Association for Women
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Fellow, Nashville Bar Foundation
- President, Lawyers Association for Women, Nashville’s Women’s Bar Association
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America©, Insurance law
- Chair, ALFA International Women’s Initiative Practice Group Steering Committee
- Community Relations Chair, Nashville Bar Association
- Membership committee, Harry Phillips American Inn of Court
- Planning committee, 2020 National Association of Women Judges Conference
Ms. Blackburn is very active in community and professional organizations. She recently served as a Judge for the Nashville ATHENA Award Program which honors outstanding women leaders in the community. Ms. Blackburn also serves on Relationship and Fund Development committee of Adventure Science Center.