Caitlyn Luedtke Elam is an associate attorney in the firm’s Knoxville office practicing in the areas of education law, employment law, general civil litigation, and healthcare law. She joined the firm in August 2012. Ms. Elam is a member of the firm’s Education, Employment, and Healthcare Practice Groups.
Ms. Elam defends both private businesses and public entities in a variety of employment law issues, including litigation matters. Her experience includes defense of clients in court and in front of state and federal administrative agencies involving claims of wrongful discharge, retaliation, discrimination, and harassment.
Ms. Elam counsels both private and public employers on a variety of employment matters outside of the litigation context. She assists clients in drafting employee handbooks, forms, and advises employers on everyday matters including employee discipline and termination.
Ms. Elam also focuses her practice on representing public entities, including boards of education, across Tennessee on a variety of legal matters. Ms. Elam has assisted clients in drafting new board policies, student and employee discipline, and special education matters.
- American Bar Association
- Knoxville Bar Association
- East Tennessee Lawyers’ Association for Women
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Council of School of Attorneys
- Tennessee Valley Human Resource Association
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2017 – 2018
- Graduate, ABA TIPS National Trial Academy, 2017
- Graduate, Introduction Knoxville Leadership Class, 2015
- Chair, Disaster Relief Committee, Tennessee Bar Association Young Lawyers’ Division, 2014-2016
- Chair, Law School Mentor Committee, Knoxville Bar Association Barristers Division, 2014-present
- Former Student Materials Editor, Tennessee Law Review
- Former Member, Transactions: The Tennessee Journal of Business Law
- Recipient, Outstanding Graduate Award, Department of Political Science, 2009
- Baker Scholar at the Howard H. Baker, Jr. Center for Public Policy
- Member Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Kappa Phi, and Pi Sigma Alpha