Casey Shannon is a shareholder at Lewis Thomason and is located in the Memphis office. His practice focuses on corporate and transactional work, from intellectual property licensing and registration to business organization formation and governance. Central to that practice is his significant municipal and economic development law experience, having worked with the City of Memphis, Shelby County, the E.D.G.E. Industrial Development Board, the Mayor’s Innovation Delivery Team, the Downtown Memphis Commission, and the Beale Street Tourism Development Authority to promote and incentivize investment and economic opportunities in his hometown.
His diverse practice also includes trial and appellate litigation in the health care liability, commercial, construction, intellectual property, and municipal fields, with an emphasis on work at the appellate court level.
- American Bar Association
- Memphis Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Stars®, 2015, 2016
- Editorial Board, University of Memphis Law Review
- Member, Leo Bearman, Sr. American Inn of Court
- Graduate, Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law, 2012
- General Counsel, Memphis Museums, Inc., 2010-2013
- Sustainable Shelby Initiative, Land Use Committee member, 2008
- General Counsel and Trustee, Memphis Museums, Inc.
- Urban Land Institute, Memphis Chapter