David A. Changas joined the Nashville office of Lewis Thomason in March, 2002, and became a shareholder in the firm in January, 2008. A native of Knoxville, David focuses his litigation practice in the areas of casualty defense litigation, transportation law, and product liability matters. He has successfully handled and tried numerous jury and non-jury cases since he began practicing in 2000, and has worked with clients to bring matters to settlement through mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution. He serves on the Lewis Thomason Hiring Committee.
David lives in Franklin with his wife, Christina, and three children – Kate, Luke, and Nicholas – whom he coaches in a variety of team sports. He is a very active member of the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in Nashville, where he has served on the parish council, and is a member of the board of St. Sampson’s Clinic, which provides indigent care to rheumatology patients.
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Associations
- Member, Defense Research Institute
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Listed in Super Lawyers
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America©, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants; Transportation Law
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2013 – 2014
- President, Tennessee Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, 2009-10
- Member, Tennessee Bar Association Board of Governors, 2008-11
- Star of the Quarter, ABA Young Lawyers Division, 2007