Mr. Peyton, special counsel and a Rule 31 Listed General Civil Mediator, is in the firm’s Memphis office. Mr. Peyton’s practice focuses on products liability, employment, insurance, personal injury, professional liability, governmental and public entity defense, medical malpractice defense, and collections. Since joining the firm, Mr. Peyton has participated in a broad spectrum of matters in federal and state trial courts in Tennessee and Mississippi. He has tried civil lawsuits to verdict, and he has briefed cases before the Tennessee Court of Appeals and the Tennessee Supreme Court. His prior military and business experience lends a unique perspective that he effectively leverages to solve client issues.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Peyton was an operations analyst and manager for a national distribution company and an active duty officer in the U.S. Navy, where he served as an engineering officer aboard a destroyer, a weapons officer aboard a guided missile frigate, admissions officer at the U.S. Naval Academy and other leadership positions in the United States Navy Reserve. He was recalled to active duty for ten months in 2013 as a Rule of Law Team Leader in Afghanistan. He continues to serve as a commander in the United States Navy Reserve, supporting Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Europe, U.S. Naval Forces Africa, and U.S. Sixth Fleet.
- Memphis Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- American Bar Association
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America©, Litigation – Municipal; Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants
- Fellow, Memphis Bar Foundation
- President, Ben F. Jones Chapter of the National Bar Association, 2019
- Graduate, Leadership Mississippi
- Graduate, Leadership Memphis
- Mid-South Super Lawyers®, 2016-2018
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2011-2015
- The Memphis Bar Association Leadership Forum, 2009-2010
- Inducted into the United States Naval Academy Athletic Association Hall of Fame
- Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law, 2016
- American Bar Association Diverse Leaders Academy, 2017-2018
Mr. Peyton is President Elect of the Ben F. Jones Chapter of the National Bar Association. He has coached the ABA Labor and Employment and National Black Law Students Association mock trial teams at The University of Mississippi School of Law and Central and Frayser high schools in Memphis. He serves on the board of Kindred Place.