Glenn R. Walter, a shareholder of Lewis Thomason, has a varied litigation-based practice. Mr. Walter has extensive experience as lead counsel in the areas of insurance defense, product liability, insurance coverage, personal injury, healthcare liability, transportation, agri-business liability defense, workers’ compensation, and general tort litigation. Other areas of his practice include professional liability, premises liability, ERISA, other commercial litigation matters, along with professional liability, including Fair Debt Collection Practices Act defense.
Mr. Walter has handled matters to trial or through settlement involving claims of extensive physical and/or emotional injury. Many of his cases entail complex discovery and pretrial preparation including the utilization of alternative dispute resolution.
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Knoxville Bar Association
- American Bar Association
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Member, ABOTA Tennessee Chapter of American Board of Trial Advocates
- Selected as “2014 Top Rated Lawyer in Insurance Law” by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell™
- Past President, Tennessee Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Executive Counsel, American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Board of Governors, Tennessee Bar Association
A native of South-Central Pennsylvania, Mr. Walter has been active in the Knoxville community since he moved to Tennessee in 1984. He has been involved with numerous civic, church, community, and educational organizations.