John Randolph (Randy) Bibb, Jr. is a shareholder in the firm’s Nashville office. Mr. Bibb has more than 30 years’ experience defending products liability and toxic tort claims and lawsuits across the United States. He has served as lead trial counsel representing product manufacturers in more than 100 jury trials in state and federal courtrooms from New York to California and from Florida to Washington State. Today much of his practice is devoted to defending motor vehicle manufacturers in personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits alleging unintended acceleration; inadvertent vehicle movement; defective passive and active restraint systems and numerous other defect theories.
In addition to his trial practice, Mr. Bibb has argued a number of significant appeals including the adoption of the learned intermediary doctrine in Tennessee; preservation of the right to contribution after Tennessee’s adoption of comparative fault; and preclusion of third-party comparative fault in workers’ compensation cases.
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Associations
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Associate member of the Society of Automotive Engineers
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Nashville Bar Foundation
- Named on list of “Best Lawyers in America” from 2005-2019
- Named on list of “Mid-South Super Lawyers” from 2006-2017
- Best Lawyers’ Nashville Lawyer of the Year in 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2018
- Nashville’s “Mass Tort Lawyer of the Year” and “Product Liability Litigation Lawyer of the Year”