- Business & Commercial
We offer comprehensive representation to businesses of all types. As detailed below, our services range from helping resolve business disputes through litigation, mediation, arbitration or negotiation to offering sound legal advice upon which to base your business decisions as well as transactional representation, document preparation services and business formation and… [Read more]Eminent Domain & Condemnation
We have extensive experience representing both individual landowners and businesses whose property or property rights are being acquired through eminent domain proceedings. We also represent governmental entities seeking to acquire property for a wide variety of uses, including airports, highways, bridges, water and sanitation facilities, parks and schools.
We are involved… [Read more]Professional Liability
As a professional, your reputation means everything. We are sensitive to the fact that professional liability lawsuits and claims affect reputations, as well as personal finances, and we stand ready to aggressively protect your practice at both the trial and appellate levels.
Representative clients include:
Directors of Corporations
Hospitals and Medical Facilities
Insurance… [Read more]Real Estate Law
Lewis Thomason has represented both residential and commercial clients in a variety of real estate transactions, including development, franchising and zoning land use. Whether buying or selling, financing or leasing, we have experience in working with clients in the negotiation and preparation of real estate documents, as well as representation… [Read more]
- Provided trial court testimony as a real estate title expert witness.
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal, in favor of relocation services company in defense of action based on alleged breach of contract, fraud, negligence, and violation of residential property disclosure act and consumer protection act. Successfully defended summary judgment on appeal, obtaining affirmance.
- Obtained summary dismissal in favor of real estate title company in buyer’s action for rescission and damages.
- Protected secured lender’s interest through trial and appeal in partition action brought by unknown heir
- Foreclosed deed of trust mortgage on resort condominium development, and represented lender in closing of REO sale.
- Cured title and boundary defects in foreclosed resort residential property by judicial reformation of deeds for multiple adjacent tracts.
- Obtained summary dismissal of action contesting validity of foreclosure sale.
- Appellate representation of bank on cardholder’s claim that debt had been settled by arbitration initiated by cardholder, resulting in affirmance of summary judgment in favor of bank.
- Obtained defense judgment at trial in favor of county government in multi-party fatality automobile wreck case centered on county-owned traffic light.
- Obtained dismissal of action in favor of flood data provider in Harris v. Nationwide Mut. Fire Ins. Co., No. 3:11-0412, UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE MIDDLE DISTRICT OF TENNESSEE, NASHVILLE DIVISION, 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 139938 (December 5, 2011).
- Successfully defended lender’s title through trial and appeal of partition action in Robertson v. Hodges, No. E2009-01335-COA-R3-CV, COURT OF APPEALS OF TENNESSEE, AT KNOXVILLE, 2010 Tenn. App. LEXIS 411, (June 28, 2010), Appeal denied by Robertson v. Hodges, 2010 Tenn. LEXIS 1201 (Tenn., Dec. 7, 2010)
- Obtained summary judgment and affirmation on appeal in favor of seller relocation company in Ingram v. Cendant Mobility Fin. Corp., No. E2005-01423-COA-R3-CV, COURT OF APPEALS OF TENNESSEE, AT KNOXVILLE, 215 S.W.3d 367 (2006)
- Successfully defended bank’s summary judgment on appeal in AmSouth Bank v. Soltis, No. E2005-00452-COA-R3-CV, COURT OF APPEALS OF TENNESSEE, AT KNOXVILLE, 2005 Tenn. App. LEXIS 842 (November 15, 2005).
- “Eminent Domain Actions” (NBI), Knoxville, 2014
- “Landlord and Tenant Law in Tennessee” (Sterling), Knoxville, 2005 & 2012
- “Advanced Issues in Real Estate Law” (NBI), Knoxville, 2010 – 2011
- “Commercial Evictions” (Sterling), Knoxville, 2010
- “Real Estate Law: Advanced Issues and Answers” (NBI) 2009
- “Tennessee Land Law for Civil Engineers and Land Surveyors” (HalfMoon), Nashville, 2008
- “Emerging Issues in Consumer Protection Law” (NBI), Knoxville, 2008
- “Tennessee Real Estate Title Issues” (HalfMoon), Knoxville, 2007
- “Risk Avoidance” (Great Smoky Mountains Association of Realtors), Sevierville, 2006
- “Boundary Law in Tennessee” (NBI), Knoxville, 1997
Mr. Schuller is a sought-after speaker, lecturing at continuing education seminars for attorneys and other licensed professionals. He has been presenting continuing education seminars to attorneys and real estate professionals for more than 15 years, including:
? Ethical Considerations in Real Estate Law, 2013 Tennessee Real Estate Law Conference, M. Lee Smith Publishers, LLC (Nashville, TN)
? Real Estate Law: Advanced Issues and Answers (Title Law; Title Risks and Title Insurance Coverage; Curing Title Defects; Environmental Issues in Real Estate Transactions), National Business Institute (NBI, Inc.) (Knoxville, TN)
? Tennessee Foreclosures and Workouts (Environmental Issues in the Foreclosure Process; Ethics), National Business Institute (NBI, Inc.) (Knoxville, TN)
? Tennessee Real Estate Title Issues (Determining Authority to Execute Real Estate Documents), HalfMoon, LLC (Knoxville, TN)
? Tennessee Land Law for Civil Engineers and Land Surveyors (Boundary Law), HalfMoon (Nashville, TN)
? Boundary Law in Tennessee (Ethics), National Business Institute (NBI, Inc.) (Knoxville, TN)
? Professional Liability Risk Avoidance, Greater Smoky Mountains Association of Realtors, Sevierville, TN
? Landlord and Tenant Law in Tennessee (Landlord and Tenant Obligations; Ethical Considerations in Landlord-Tenant Law) Sterling Education Services, Inc. (Knoxville, TN)
? Commercial Evictions in Tennessee (Ethical Considerations in Evictions), Sterling Educational Services, Inc. (Knoxville, TN)
? Land Boundaries and Access Rights (Understanding Riparian and Water Rights), HalfMoon (Knoxville, TN)
? Attorneys’ Guide to Local Government Laws (Eminent Domain Actions), National Business Institute (NBI, Inc.) (Knoxville, TN)