Mary Beth White, a shareholder in the firm’s Nashville office, concentrates her practice in the areas of commercial and business litigation, with an emphasis on commercial transportation. She has successfully represented her clients at all levels of the court system in both state court and federal court and has successfully defended a number of large motor carriers and drivers in state and federal court. A member of the Commercial Transportation Group, Ms. White helped implement the firm’s rapid response program that is currently used by many of the firm’s clients. With regard to her franchise litigation work, she advises and represents clients at all levels of litigation.
Ms. White was a member and captain of the Lady Bulldog basketball team of Union University that advanced to the NAIA Final Four and earned Academic All-American honors.
- American Bar Association
Tennessee Bar Association
Nashville Bar Association
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- American Bar Association Torts and Trial Insurance Practice Section, Leadership Academy, 2016-2017
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, 2014 – 2017
- Graduate, Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law Class, 2012
- Nashville Business Journal’s “Top 40 under 40″, 2012
- Recipient, “Top 30 under 30″ honoring emerging leaders in Nashville, 2011
- Graduate, ABA TIPS National Trial Academy, 2010
- Faculty, ABA TIPS National Trial Academy, 2011 – current
Ms. White is active in many civic and charitable organizations in the community. She serves as a board member for the Middle Tennessee Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. She also volunteers with Preston Taylor Ministries, an inner-city ministry based in West Nashville. She is an active member of West End Community Church and a member of the Junior League of Nashville.