Steve Barton is a shareholder in the Memphis office. He has a wide practice in civil litigation and has successfully tried cases in state and federal courts. He has defended claims involving professional liability, construction, workers’ compensation, premises liability, intellectual property and personal injury. He has also defended criminal cases in state and federal courts. He has argued cases before the Tennessee Court of Appeals and Supreme Court as well as the United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Barton is the Co-Chair of the firm’s Construction Practice Group. He has been an invited speaker for continuing professional education courses. His topics have included professional and ethical guidelines for engineers and architects.
- Memphis Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel
- Former Member, Tennessee Lien Law Committee
- American Institute of Architects, Memphis
- West Tennessee Home Builders Association
- West Tennessee Chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.
- Tennessee Society of Professional Engineers
- Professional Liability Defense Federation
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Fellow, Tennessee Bar Foundation
- Listed in Super Lawyers
- IADC Trial Academy Graduate
- Named to the Best Lawyers in America in the field of construction law, 2009- 2019
- Former Chairman of Law Week
- Member of Memphis Heritage, Inc.
- Member of West Tennessee Historical Society
- Vestry Member, St. John’s Episcopal Church
- On Board of Directors of Youth Leadership of Memphis