We have a long history of providing full-service counsel to employers and are adept at handling all types of employment disputes, as well as drafting employment contracts, manuals, leave policies, non-compete and separation agreements and other policies to minimize the likelihood of employment-related issues and misconduct. Our lawyers also have a wide range of experience with general employment law and advising clients on day-to-day employment issues.
We have experience defending all types of employment disputes before administrative agencies and tribunals, including the Tennessee Human Rights Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, as well as trial and appellate courts at both the state and federal levels.
Our lawyers also provide training for management employees, as well as educational seminars for our clients’ workforce.
We routinely provide counsel in the following areas:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Tennessee Human Rights Act
- Retaliatory Discharge under Tennessee Law
- The Equal Pay Act
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Law
- Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA)
We have significant experience investigating claims of employee misconduct and advising employers on best practices for litigation avoidance.
Our employment attorneys also regularly conduct training, audits and workshops to keep our clients knowledgeable about the latest legal requirements and trends and to help our clients avoid pitfalls common in today’s workplace.