Justin Joy is a shareholder in the Memphis office of the Lewis Thomason. He also serves as the firm’s privacy officer. In addition to a range of experience in litigation and business law matters, Justin heads up Lewis Thomason’s cybersecurity practice group. He provides counsel to clients in the area of information privacy and cybersecurity including incident investigation and breach response management, regulatory compliance, privacy and security policy review and drafting, and cyber risk management. Specifically in the area of healthcare, Justin counsels covered entities and business associates on a variety of matters pertaining to HIPAA Privacy Rule, Security Rule, and Breach Notification Rule compliance. Justin speaks frequently to various groups and organizations on the topic of information privacy and cybersecurity.
Justin is a Certified Information Privacy Professional/US (CIPP/US) and a Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) through the International Association of Privacy Professionals. He is a 2001 graduate of Wake Forest University and holds a law and MBA degree from the University of Memphis.
- American Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Memphis Bar Association
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- CIPT/Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
- CIPP/US Certification; Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US credential through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
- Named on the list of “Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Stars”
- Graduate, International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) Trial Academy, 2010
- Articles editor, The University of Memphis Law Review
- Recipient, Cecil C. Humphreys Fellowship
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Beta Gamma Sigma
Mr. Joy has worked on a pro bono bases counseling individuals in consumer transactions and related matters. He currently serves on the board of directors of a multi-city ministry providing mentoring for new and expectant parents and on the board of a re-entry workforce development ministry.