Preston A. Hawkins, a shareholder in the Knoxville office, concentrates his practice on general tort litigation, construction litigation, appellate advocacy, and criminal defense. Mr. Hawkins is lead trial counsel and has successfully defended global corporations in significant lawsuits in state and federal court. Mr. Hawkins has also successfully represented contractors, design professionals, and owners in numerous construction litigation matters and arbitrations. Mr. Hawkins has also successfully obtained summary judgment on behalf of several corporate clients in state court.
As a law student, Mr. Hawkins was a member of the Tennessee College of Law’s National Championship team in the Dean Jerome Prince Evidence Moot Court Competition in 2001 and was National Runner-up in 2002. As an undergraduate, Mr. Hawkins played four seasons of basketball at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, including the 1997 NCAA Sweet Sixteen season.
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Knoxville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel (“TACC”)
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Member of Board of Directors of Beaumont Magnet School Academy Foundation, 2019
- Member of Board of Directors of Little Oaks Academy, 2014-16
- Named as Top Knoxville Attorney in Construction and Appellate Advocacy, CityView Magazine
- Graduate, ABA TIPS/ABOTA National Trial Academy, 2011