We have a long history of providing full-service counsel to employers and are adept at handling all types of employment disputes, as well as drafting employment contracts, manuals, leave policies, non-compete and separation agreements and other policies to minimize the likelihood of employment-related issues and misconduct. Our lawyers also have… [Read more]Health Care Law
Lewis Thomason has extensive experience in providing services to clients in the health care industry at a time when the mission is to deliver excellent patient care while dealing with increased regulatory authority and government oversight.
We offer comprehensive legal counsel and compliance with complex and evolving privacy and security requirements… [Read more]Mediation
As participants in the system are learning, litigation is expensive, in money, time and resources. A lengthy pretrial process can be just the start given today’s clogged court dockets and even reaching trial can have unpredictable results. The legal community has developed several forms of alternate dispute resolution, such as… [Read more]Municipal & Administrative
We have a long history of providing legal counsel to cities and towns throughout Tennessee. Whether negotiating contracts on behalf of local governments or representing municipalities and utility divisions in litigation involving personal injuries and contract disputes, we understand the special legal needs of city and county governments and their… [Read more]Professional Liability
As a professional, your reputation means everything. We are sensitive to the fact that professional liability lawsuits and claims affect reputations, as well as personal finances, and we stand ready to aggressively protect your practice at both the trial and appellate levels.
Representative clients include:
Directors of Corporations
Hospitals and Medical Facilities
Insurance… [Read more]Transportation
Common carrier cases present unique issues not always associated with motor vehicle accidents, so it is important that your defense counsel be well experienced in these types of cases. With a long history representing a wide range of clients, we have that experience. Our client base includes a large number… [Read more]Workers' Compensation
The lawyers of Lewis Thomason have years of experience representing various employers, including large self-insured companies and several insurance carriers, in workers' compensation claims filed by their employees. Whether a claim is settled early in the proceedings, presented at the Department of Labor through a benefit review conference or ultimately… [Read more]
- Defended hundreds of personal injury lawsuits including automobile accidents, premises liability, and professional negligence to conclusion by motion or trial.
- Successfully defended employers in hundreds of workers’ compensation matters including defenses related to notice, medical causation, violations of drug polices and workplace safety violations.
- Participated in numerous mediations of workers’ compensation and personal injury cases at all stages of litigation to the conclusion and satisfaction of insurers and their policyholders.
- Presented various in-house seminars to insurance company representatives on law changes and updates, case evaluations and investigation, litigation strategy and investigation and documentation.
- Conducted in-house seminars for employers related to law changes and updates, accident investigation, proper documentation and prevention of work place accidents.
- Defended trucking companies in complex personal injury litigation involving multiple devastating injuries and/or deaths.
- Successfully obtained an early dismissal of a multimillion-dollar negligence case through the use of summary judgment motion.