Marshall Stair, special counsel in the firm’s Knoxville office, concentrates his practice primarily in employment law, workers’ compensation defense, insurance casualty defense, and general commercial and tort litigation. Mr. Stair regularly defends employers against workers’ compensation claims. He has participated in numerous hearings with the Tennessee Department of Labor and has successfully mediated workers’ compensation and employment cases.
Mr. Stair is fluent in Spanish and while attending law school, he worked for the United States Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division as a bilingual assistant assisting federal investigations enforcing the Fair Labor Standards Act, Family Medical Leave Act, and Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act.
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Knoxville Bar Association
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- At-large member, Knoxville City Council, 2011-19
- Chair, Public Facilities Naming Committee
- Member, City of Knoxville Audit Committee
- Board member, East Tennessee Historical Society, Bijou Theater, and Knoxville Symphony Orchestra
- Served as the director of Pro Bono and the Immigrant Assistance Project and on the Public Interest Committee
- Recipient, William M. Leech, Jr. Public Service Award for outstanding service to the legal profession, the legal system and the local community, 2008