Preston A. Hawkins, a shareholder in the Knoxville office, concentrates his practice in construction litigation, general tort litigation, and appellate advocacy. Mr. Hawkins has been lead trial counsel and successfully defended contractors, designers, and owners in various construction litigation matters. Mr. Hawkins has also represented business entities in various State and Federal courts in Tennessee and has obtained summary judgment on behalf of several corporate clients in state court cases.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Hawkins played three seasons of basketball at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, including the 1997 NCAA Sweet Sixteen season.
- American Bar Association
- Knoxville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Named as a Top Knoxville Attorney in Construction and Appellate Advocacy, Cityview Magazine, 2015
- Graduate, the ABA TIPS/ABOTA National Trial Academy, 2011
- Member, Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel (TACC)
- National Champion in the Dean Jerome Prince Evidence Moot Court Competition, 2001
- Recipient, McClung Medal for Moot Court excellence, 2002
- Student Materials Editor, Tennessee Law Review
- Member, Order of Barristers