Richard W. Krieg, of counsel, is in Lewis Thomason’s Knoxville office. His litigation work includes several hundred trials and jury verdicts in the areas of transportation law, employment law, product liability, insurance defense, automobile cases, workers’ compensation, premises liability and general tort defense. Other defense work has been in the area of medical negligence defending physicians, dentists, optometrists, health care institutions and providers of home health care services. Recently Mr. Krieg’s trial work has concentrated in the area of transportation law and class action lawsuits. Many of these cases involve catastrophic injuries with claims for compensatory and punitive damages. Settlements frequently involve complicated structured settlements. Additionally, in the last several years, Mr. Krieg has served as lead defense attorney for six environmental class action cases.
While still in law school, Mr. Krieg served two terms in the Tennessee House of Representatives before starting his full-time legal career. He has also been a member of the Metropolitan Knoxville Airport Authority for 21 years and served several multiple terms as Chair or Vice Chair.
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Knoxville Bar Association
- ALFA International
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Recipient, ALFA Attorney of the Year, 2015
- Former Member, National Board of Directors, The American Cancer Society
- Former Chair, Metropolitan Knoxville Airport Authority
- Former Chair, East Tennessee Discovery Center Board of Trustees (Children’s Science Museum)
- Former Member, Board of Directors, ALFA International
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America©, Administrative/Regulatory Law, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Recognized as Top Attorney by Cityview Magazine in 2015 for Class Action Defense