Mitchell Panter is an associate at Lewis Thomason’s Knoxville office. His practice centers on representing health care providers in professional liability matters and disciplinary investigations with Tennessee’s various health-related boards. He also assists providers with licensing and regulatory issues.
In addition to his healthcare practice, Mr. Panter also represents businesses in complex commercial disputes involving trade secrets, restrictive covenants, and other breach of contract matters.
Before entering the practice of law, Mr. Panter clerked for Justice Janice M. Holder and is the Immediate Past President of the Knoxville Barristers. He is also an adjunct professor at the University of Tennessee College of Law, where he teaches Civil Pretrial Litigation.
- Knoxville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2017 to present
- President, Knoxville Bar Association Barristers, 2018
- Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law, 2019
- Knoxville Bar Association, Board of Governors, 2017-2019
- President of the Board – Spark (formerly East Tennessee Technology Access Center), 2019