Mr. Haltom has been with the firm since 1978. He has tried over 100 jury trials and is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
He is also an award-winning newspaper and magazine humor columnist. For over 20 years, his columns have appeared in newspapers, magazines, and law journals across the country, and 24/7 on his blog, www.billhaltom.com. He has authored six books, ranging in topics from seersucker to civility. He has served as chair of the editorial boards for four magazines, including the ABA Journal, the flagship publication of the American Bar Association. A popular speaker, Bill has delivered commencement addresses and has been the featured speaker at conventions, banquets and leadership seminars.
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Memphis Bar Association
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Selected to the 2017 Super Lawyers Tennessee Top 100 List
- Listed in Super Lawyers, 2007 – Present
- The Best Lawyers ® Medical Malpractice “Lawyer of the Year”, 2017
- The Best Lawyers ® Personal Injury Litigation “Lawyer of the Year”, 2016
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Recipient of the Memphis Bar Association “Judge Jerome Turner Lawyer’s Lawyer Award,” 2016
- Recipient of the Memphis Bar Association Sam A. Myar, Jr. Memorial Award, 1988
- Holds the highest rating, AV, from the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Past president, Tennessee Bar Association
- Past president, Memphis Bar Association
- Former chair, board of editors of the ABA Journal
- Editor-in-chief, The Barrister
- Chair, Board of Editors of the Tennessee Bar Journal
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in America in the fields of Medical Malpractice Law and Personal Injury Litigation.