Leslie F. Bishop, a Lewis Thomason shareholder, is responsible for all aspects of a general defense litigation practice, with an emphasis in workers’ compensation and employment law. Her employment practice ranges from representation of employers at state agencies to trial on all employment issues. She currently serves as co-chair of the firm’s Workers’ Compensation Practice Group.
Ms. Bishop joined the firm from the Tennessee Department of Labor Workers’ Compensation Division where she supervised the Knoxville Regional Office which covered nineteen counties. She has served as a member of the Governor’s Task Force charged with reform of workers’ compensation laws in the State of Tennessee. She has been a certified Mediator and has successfully participated in over 1,000 mediations, primarily workers’ compensation disputes.
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Knoxville Bar Association
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Named a Cityview Magazine “Top Attorney”
- Member, College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America©, Workers’ Compensation Law Employers