Mr. Harvey, of counsel, in our Memphis office, is a senior member of the firm. He has an extensive practice in federal and state courts defending doctors, lawyers, architects, engineers, and other professionals. He is involved in complex business litigation, intellectual property disputes, and securities cases. Mr. Harvey has a special interest in national security and governmental affairs and frequently lectures, teaches, and consults with clients on these matters. In addition, he has served at the state and national levels on setting ethical standards for lawyers and judges.
Mr. Harvey recently retired from the United States Marine Corps Reserve with the rank of Major General.
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Memphis Bar Association
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Member, Irish Legal 100
- Member, American Bar Association House of Delegates
- Selected by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell as Elite Lawyer of the South
- Former law clerk to Tennessee Supreme Court Justice Larry Creson
- Former Assistant Public Defender for Shelby County
- Listed in “Who’s Who in America”
- Listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Named on list of “The Best Lawyers in America,” in the fields of Ethics & Professional Responsibility Law, Medical Malpractice Law, and Personal Injury Litigation, 1996- 2018
- Holds the highest rating, AV, from the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Former president of both the Memphis and Tennessee Bar Associations
- Former member, Board of Governors of the American Bar Association
- Served on the Committee on the Model Rules of Professional Conduct (Ethics 2000) and on the council of the litigation section.
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow and chair, Tennessee Bar Foundation
- Master of the American Inns of Court
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocacy
- Recipient, Lawyer’s Lawyer Award, Memphis Bar Association, 2008