Ariane Sowa Hookman is an associate attorney in the firm’s Knoxville office practicing in the areas of construction law and general civil litigation. She joined the firm in August 2019.
Prior to earning her law degree, Ms. Hookman worked as a consultant with Booz Allen Hamilton, providing program management to clients in National Defense & Intelligence. While in law school, Ms. Hookman held legal internships with the Tennessee Valley Authority and Oak Ridge National Laboratories, as well as with Lewis Thomason.
Ms. Hookman is an active volunteer with the Community Mediation Center, which provides mediation services for the Knox County General Sessions and Juvenile Courts and a program to mediate divorces primarily for participants of low or modest means.
- American Bar Association
- Knoxville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Best Witness, Jenkins Trial Competition 2019
- Finalist, Advocacy Idol Competition 2017
- Gamma Beta Phi National Honor Society, former member
- The Forum: A Tennessee Student Legal Journal, former member
- University of Tennessee Domestic Violence Clinic, former student
- University of Tennessee Mediation Clinic, former student