William A. Mynatt, Jr., a shareholder and Supreme Court Rule 31 Mediator, is based in the firm’s Knoxville office. Bill was born in Knoxville, Tennessee and grew up there with a decade divided by several years in Chicago, Illinois, and the Maryland suburbs of the District of Columbia.
Mr. Mynatt’s practice emphasizes courtroom and pretrial litigation, primarily representing parties in domestic relations matters, but also including personal injury, worker’s compensation, and probate matters. Mr. Mynatt is a firm believer that parties can do a better job resolving issues without the court, but that being well-prepared and willing to go to the courtroom makes such a resolution more likely. Mr. Mynatt also provides estate planning advice, especially in areas of nontraditional families. Mr. Mynatt has been a Tennessee Supreme Court certified civil mediator since 2005, and has mediated many family law cases to resolution. He is a member of the Tennessee Bar Association and the Knoxville Bar Association and has served as the Co-Chairman of the Family Law Section of the Knoxville Bar Association.
- Knoxville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Master of the Bench, Emeritus, Hamilton S. Burnette American Inn of Court
- Fellow, Knoxville Bar Foundation since 2012
- Former, Co-Chairman of the Family Law Section of the Knoxville Bar Association
- Positively Living, Board of Directors – 2005 to the present; Chairman – 2010-2011. 501(c)(3) organization that provides direct housing for individuals with multiple diagnoses and housing assistance and case management for the East Tennessee area for people with HIV through grants from ETHRA, HUD, and the Ryan White Fund, as well as other private donations.
- East Tennessee AIDS Foundation Board – 501(c) (3) that raises funds for and distributes to local HIV service organizations.